Saturday, January 12, 2013

Calling all super heros!

-There have been many times when I have said, "This time I will loose 10 lbs!" and everyone around me just smiles. You know… the type of smile that is just trying to be polite and not hurt your feeling. BUT… inside they are thinking.." yeah, right! I have heard this one before!" Okay, so I will have to admit that I am not the type of person who commits to something 100% for a long period of time. BUT, I think it's normal right? I am 100% motivated at the beginning, but slowly and as the days go by my motivation and commitment begins to decline. During this time I adventure out to other things and give that other adventure 100%. But surely, after getting bored with that I regain my passion and commitment for the previous thing. I am just a complete mess! I am all over the place! I start things and never finish them! My goal to loose weight and live a healthy live style is one of them. -I am that typical person who likes to make resolutions for the new year. (My logic: Maybe I can accomplish my goals during the beginning of the new year, what I couldn't accomplish during the middle and end of year. :) ) -Every year I set a goal to loose weight. Sure I do loose a few pounds the first months and then the declines of motivation happens…and I end up gaining all of my pounds back. This year I really wanted to reflect about the reason why my goals are not getting checked off my list. Year after year I have the same goals. I haven't checked them off and kept them off my list. I used to look at the New Year as a way to erase all of my errors. - I firm believer that when you fall… you get up and dust yourself off and continue on. The problem is that I used to tend to take a my time to get back up again. I would just lay there, waiting for my superhero to come and lift me back on my feet. In reality that superhero never came… -I have come to the conclusion that the only person who can help me get up and stay up; it's me. I am my own superhero! I look out for myself, I take care of myself, and I definitely need to rescue myself.
-I have read on many blogs and other sources of information that when your goal is to loose weight or live a healthy live style, you need to do it for you and not someone else. I completely agree! After all, you are the only superhero who is always aware of your actions and the only superhero who is there when you have a struggle. This year is the year of Super Heroes! My resolution this year is to be my own superhero all year long. I will commit to this goal 100% and never loose that drive. UP,UP AND AWAY! I challenge you to take a picture of yourself to demonstrate the amazing superhero you are. Please don't forget to share your pic. with us. :) XOXO Fabiola

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Hi Fabiola,
Nice to "meet" you. You left a comment on my blog about needing help with your button and signature. If you email me at beleyne@gmail.com then I can answer your questions :)
Thanks, and have a super day!
❀Barbara❀
Grade ONEderful
Ruby Slippers Blog Designs